Orientation Counselors - Applications Now Open!
The Office of New Student and Family Services will begin recruitment for the 2020 Orientation Counselor staff starting September 23, 2019. Orientation Counselors (OCs) fulfill a critical role in helping new students and families transition to the UNC Charlotte campus. During your time as an OC you will gain skills in a variety of areas such as leadership, public speaking, team achievement, and problem solving.
Successful OC candidates will exhibit the NSFS Values of Courage, Equity, Growth, and Connection. Candidates must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA and want to work with incoming first-year and transfer students as well as parents, family members, and guests. Due to the complexity and schedule of the position, OCs are not able (or permitted) to be Resident Advisors, SAFE Counselors, UTOP Mentors, or enroll in summer courses.
For more information, attend an OC Interest Session:
- September 17, 2019 (6:30 p.m.) - Student Union 261
- September 23, 2019 (7:15 p.m.) - Student Union 262
- October 3, 2019 (5:00 p.m.) - CHHS 161
Ready to apply? Follow these Steps:
- Please read the Employment Agreement and Job Description.
- After reviewing the agreement, submit your 2020 Orientation Counselor Application by October 16th at 11:45 p.m.
Questions? Please email Nassim Nozartash, Assistant Director of New Student & Family Services.
Gold RUSH team opportunities
Gold Rush Student Coordinator and Team Leader applications coming in late fall 2019!