Planning for SOAR:
There are quite a few things you need to do to prepare for your on-campus SOAR experience. After registering for SOAR, the first thing is for all incoming students to complete the Virtual SOAR pre-orientation program.
All new UNC Charlotte students are required to complete Virtual SOAR which is an online pre-orientation program that will supplement the on-campus SOAR experience. This program does not replace the on-campus experience rather is a requirement for all students to complete BEFORE attending SOAR in-person. This program includes the first part of the academic advising process that must be completed prior to SOAR. You will be able to access Virtual SOAR within 48 hours after you complete your SOAR reservation. Make sure to check your UNC Charlotte email for the information to access the Virtual SOAR program.
It is important to note that this program usually takes students between 60-90 minutes to complete. If you are unable to complete it at one time, you can save progress to finish at a later date. Virtual SOAR MUST be completed prior to participating in the on-campus SOAR experience as there is important information from your colleges to support the course registration process. Once completed, you are able to access the information within Virtual SOAR through your first semester at UNC Charlotte.
A few other things to complete prior to SOAR include:
- Read your entire confirmation packet after you register for your on-campus SOAR program
- Complete the required Virtual SOAR Program (this is mandatory for all new students; login information is sent to UNC Charlotte email account within 48 hours of registering for SOAR)
- Submit your immunization records by visiting studenthealth.uncc.edu
- Send any final transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Submit your housing application online at housing.uncc.edu
- Submit your photo for your student ID card here (https://aux.uncc.edu/49er-card/online-photo-submission)
- Update your SOAR registration with any guests attending the session with you on-campus
- Review information about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) at legal.uncc.edu/ferpa
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any accommodations with our office, including dietary restrictions, mobility needs or other needs for your on-campus SOAR experience. Include your student ID number, session date and phone number.
*Planning to change your major? Make sure you change your major through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions 704.687.5507 or at email@example.com; the process may take several business days to complete. Complete a change of major prior to completing Virtual SOAR so you can access the appropriate academic information.
Parking and arriving at SOAR:
- Please read your entire confirmation packet and print your parking pass to place in your dashboard of your vehicle.
- Parking for January SOAR sessions is in the Popp Martin Student Union Parking Deck (next to building 69 on this map). Look for "SOAR" signs to direct you to the garage. We will also have our students throughout campus directing guests until about 8:40 a.m.
- Once parked, take the stairs or elevator to the 6th floor of the garage to walk into the Popp Martin Student Union.
- SOAR Check-In will be open for students who have pre-registered for the program from 7:45 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. in Popp Martin Student Union room 200.
- It is very important that you arrive during the check-in period to ensure you are able to participate in the SOAR session.
- The formal program will end around 5:00 p.m. All student participants must stay for the duration of the program so please plan accordingly.