New Student & Family Services offers a variety of different student leader positions each year that support new students' and families' transitions. Below you can find more information on available positions and timelines for hiring.
Click the position title for a description of the position (if available).
SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration)
- Orientation Counselors (OC)- Orientation Counselors use their leadership skills to welcome new students and family members to Niner Nation. These student leaders help guide new students, families, and guests during one- and two-day SOAR sessions throughout the year in preparation for success at UNC Charlotte. Orientation Counselors also help facilitate Gold Rush and Family Weekend programming. Check out the information below to learn more about the OC position.
- Applications open soon! If you are interested, please fill out the OC Interest Form below. We will send you information when applications open to keep you in the loop.
- Application Timeline
- Applications Open - October 5, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
- Applications Close - October 30, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- Positions Offered - December 9, 2020
- Interest Sessions
- Thursday, October 29 @ 2:00 p.m. - Register here.
- Want more information?
New Student & Family Services
Office Assistants - hiring complete for 2020-21
SOAR (Student Orienation, Advising, and Registration)
- SOAR Student Coordinators - hiring complete for 2020-21
- Gold Rush Student Coordinators - hiring complete for 2020
- Gold Rush Team Leaders - hiring complete for 2020
- Gold Rush Leaders - hiring complete for 2020
- Family Programs Interns ("Famterns") - hiring complete for 2020-21
|Office Assistant||July/August||August||August-May; Summer Availabilty|
|SOAR Student Coordinator||August||September||August-July; Spring SOAR Sessions|
|Gold Rush Student Coordinators||January||February||February-February|
|Gold Rush Team Leaders||March||April||May-August; January|
|Gold Rush Leaders||March||April||August; January|
|Family Programs Interns||July/August||August||August-May; Summer Availabilty|